Gilbert Public Schools - Registration Procedure
Open EnrollmentGilbert Public Schools is an open enrollment district. If a student resides out of the boundaries of a school, an open enrollment form must be completed.
Early Entrance Screening for 2013-2014
If your child turns 5 (for Kindergarten) or 6 (for First Grade) between September 1 and December 31, 2013 and you would like to have your child screened for early entrance, contact your child's home campus after March 18, 2013 for registration and screening fee information. The next screening will be held on July 25th, 2013. After that date, your child will be screened at their home school.
Full Day and Half Day Kindergarten Programs
Gilbert Public Schools provides half-day and full-day kindergarten programs. Kindergarten registration is currently on-going. Please contact your home school for specific times and half-day/full-day information.
Half-day Kindergarten sites are determined on a year-to-year basis according to parent enrollment by region and space availability.
Kindergarten Age Requirement
- To register for kindergarten for the 2013-2014 school year, children must turn 5 prior to September 1, 2013.
- Please register your child at the school they will be attending.
- Children who turn five between 1 September and 31 December will need to pass a Gilbert district screening before being admitted to kindergarten.
- To have your child screened for early entrance into kindergarten for 2013-2014, contact your home campus for information. A $75.00 fee will be collected at the time the screening registration form is submitted. Cash, money order, or cashier's check will be accepted for payment.
First Grade Registration
- For entrance into first grade for 2013-2014, children must be six years old prior to 1 September. Children who turn six between 1 September and 31 December and who have successfully completed kindergarten may enroll in grade one. Documentation must be provided at registration.
- Children who turn six between 1 September and 31 December and have not successfully passed a kindergarten program will need to pass a Gilbert district screening before being admitted to first grade. To have your child screened for early entrance into first grade, contact your home campus for information. A $75.00 fee will be collected at the time the screening registration form is submitted. Cash, money order, or cashier's check will be accepted for payment.
SCHOOL REGISTRATION INFORMATION
To register a student in the Gilbert Public Schools, parents must bring to their neighborhood school:
- Birth Certificate - This must be a state or county issued original or certified copy.
- Proof of Residency - We must have a copy of proof on file in the form of a current utility bill, house closing papers or rental contract.
- Current Immunizations - Please contact the school health office for information regarding immunizations.
This documentation is mandatory before your child may start school.
If you are not sure what school your child should attend, you may contact any school for boundary information.