KRA 7: World-class Curriculum Strategic Focus 7.A: World-class K-12 curriculum Action Plan 7.A.1:Strategic Focus 7.B: Birth-to-Kindergarten education
Action Plan 7.A.2:
- Develop quarterly sequenced curriculum maps, teacher checklists, and student rubrics for Preschool through 12th grade.
Action Plan 7.A.3:
- Identify resources needed for alignment with Common Core State Standards (CCSS).
Action Plan 7.A.4:
- Identify staff needed for alignment with CCSS.
- Analyze learning facilities as they relate to implementation of CCSS.
Action Plan 7.B.1:Strategic Focus 7.C: Improved instruction using Rigor, Relevance, and Relationships framework
- Form strategic alliances with other organizations to collaborate on education and kindergarten readiness for children from birth to five years.
Action Plan 7.C.1:Strategic Focus 7.D: 21st century education
Action Plan 7.C.2:
- Use and apply research-based instructional strategies and practices.
- Analyze test data, and develop Specific Measurable Attainable Realistic and Timely (SMART) Goals in Professional Learning Communities (PLC).
Action Plan 7.D.1:
- Prepare students to succeed at every level, and graduate students who are:
- College and career-ready
- Responsible contributors to the community
- Competitive in a global environment
Action Plan 7.D.2:
- Leverage next-generation technology to enhance teaching and learning.
KRA 8: GPS Faculty Selection, Retention, and Professional Development
Strategic Focus 8.A: World-class employees
Action Plan 8.A.1:
Action Plan 8.A.2:
- Recruit and retain world-class employees.
Action Plan 8.A.3:
- All employees will serve as ambassadors for Gilbert Public Schools.
Action Plan 8.A.4:
- Develop world-class criteria for each employee group – administrators, teachers, support staff.
- Provide professional development to support attainment of world-class criteria.
Strategic Focus 8.B: Professional learning and growth
Action Plan 8.B.1:
- Provide a superior staff development, learning and training program that emphasizes reliable, research-based strategies, classroom application, and student/teacher growth.